You can call it what you want – Internet lead management, lead conversion, sales automation. Our name for it is Automated Virtual Assistant or AVA. Using artificial intelligence, AVA communicates with sales prospects to keep them engaged and connected to the sales team, so valuable leads don’t fall through the cracks.
Far more than outbound communications from customer relationship management (CRM) applications, email marketing programs or auto responders, AVA has the inherent intelligence to alert sales teams the minute a prospect goes from cold to hot. With AVA, sales teams can focus their efforts on selling and closing qualified customers that intend to purchase instead of chasing dead leads.
We are a company of innovative and dedicated workers who have fun and work hard together to support our customers and create a product that has helped transact more than $6 billion in sales. With an international presence and more than 4,000 sales professionals using AVA, our company’s growth has been tremendous.
Better yet, we offer excellent benefits including insurance, 401K matching and competitive salaries. You’ll enjoy the fun of a startup but the security knowing we’re backed by Kennet Partners, a premiere private equity firm.
About the position:
We’re looking for an experienced marketing automation manager to lead our CRM efforts across the entire organization, working with executive, sales and marketing teams to design and deliver comprehensive solutions that meet each department’s specific business needs, while supporting overall organizational goals. This person will be responsible for architecting, implementing, managing and supporting all aspects of our CRM system – including, but not limited to Salesforce.com and Pardot.
The marketing automation manager possesses a combination of technical aptitude, business acumen, and strong communication skills. He or she is responsible for working with key stakeholders to define, implement and support their project initiatives. This includes assessing business needs, defining business processes/workflows, developing functional requirements, application configuration and administration, managing test plans, and post deployment support activities. The successful candidate will also resolve business and usability issues, identify and drive end-user adoption and facilitate communication within the internal teams, working closely with them to define and create application metrics, reports, dashboards, data mapping, and other requirements.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, while providing day-to-day usage and reporting support for executives and teams across the organization.
This position can be home-based with business-paid travel one week per month (or as needed) to the company’s offices in Foster City, CA.
- Validate business needs and process gaps, distinguish between need and wants
- Identify gaps between business needs and standard Salesforce or Pardot functionality
- Collaborate with teams to perform application configuration, testing and evaluation to ensure quality and consistency
- Create architecture plans, phased implementation plans and data migration strategies
- Manage business requirements across all departments
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
- Drive behavioral change in line with the CRM vision and business objectives
- Ensure adoption levels meet business expectations
- Lead continuous review programs
- Evaluate and triage change management requests
- Create awareness on processes, functionalities and features of Salesforce.com (SFDC) and Pardot by proactively attending department and strategy meetings within the organization to drive compliance and adoption levels
- Participate in planning and design sessions, understand overall business implications, and represent all stakeholder’s needs for all requirements, insights and recommendations.
- Translate business requirements into implementation plans and timelines
- Manage the change control process on projects and requests to the system
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time as outlined in project plans.
- Provide day to troubleshooting and support for our rapidly growing pool of global end users
- Provide daily administration and support for all users, including user setup, profiles, and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types , page layouts and validations
- Create reports and dashboards to track key business metrics
- Create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers
- Upload, monitor and cleanse data on a daily basis to ensure database is relevant and valid
- Set up and distribute weekly email campaigns and segment data through marketing automation platform
- Pursue ongoing education of industry knowledge, best practices and trends as it pertains to sales and marketing automation and campaign management
- Train new and existing users
- Pull daily reporting for marketing, call center and sales campaigns
- Evangelize and drive user adoption across the organization
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with technical implementations of projects
- 5+ years of advanced experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development required (advanced Salesforce certifications required)
- Basic Administration: user setup and modification, field creation and updates, report type creation, profile administration.
- Data administration: identify, consult on and clean duplicate records across any and all objects, orphan records, etc.
- Advanced administration and configuration: workflows, field updates, email alerts, approval processes, role hierarchy, sharing rule development and configuration
- Advanced development: knowledge of Apex programing, API programming, Force.com pages
- 5+ years of experience implementing or administering CRM software in enterprise environments (more than 100 users)
- 3+ year of experience and working knowledge of Marketing Automation systems such as Pardot, Eloqua or Marketo
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional workshops of 10-50 people for process analysis and architecture requirements gathering.
- Experience in providing a team with direction and vision, including motivating people to perform, listening to people, providing feedback, recognizing strengths and providing challenges
- Achievement/results orientation; the ability to deliver results with energy and drive and to act decisively.
- Communication; the ability and confidence to communicate with colleagues across the business.
- Flexible approach to working conditions and hours, ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable translating technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical skills
- High tech industry experience preferred